Monday, September 3, 2012

A LONG Labor Day Weekend

My husband left on Wednesday to go deer hunting and he wasn't returning until late Saturday night. I was off of work since Wednesday and I had my girls all to myself. It is hard to parent kids in general, but two crazy girls and no husband around to help is a challenge. I tried to keep busy with them so time would go by fast. I struggle to stay patient, but I try to stay positive when things get rough. I was able to get my run in before they woke up every day which helped. Running helps me relieve stress and get much needed alone time. I got a call from my husband late Friday that he got a deer and would be home Friday night. Awesome for me!

Saturday morning we went to the Gilbert Farmers Market. They have a splash pad next to it so after we shopped we let the girls play. They had a great time and they were soaked by the end.

Brooklyn
Vanessa





Sunday morning my husband was going bird hunting really early. I got in a run before he left. I fell when I was about 1/2 mile into my run. I am not quite sure what I tripped on. All I know is that one second I was running, the next I was sprawled out on the sidewalk. I scrapped up my knees and my side and my mace shattered when I fell. It took me about 5 minutes to shake it off, but I finished my run. I am definitely sore today and I am glad that today was a planned rest day.


My coach sent me my September running schedule and I am really excited for this fall. Lots of fun races! Hopefully the weather here in Arizona will get cooler and less humid soon.
I have been seeing lots of pictures on twitter of runners wearing pants and sweatshirts and I would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment