Friday, September 21, 2012

Staycation

Last weekend was exciting for my husband and I. We got a full night away from the kids and we had a staycation. There was a Groupon for a night at The Saguaro in Scottsdale for $99 plus breakfast. We went with another couple and we had a great time. We went to the pool right when we got there and had a few drinks while the DJ was playing music. There is no better way to feel old than to go to a Scottsdale pool with young people and a DJ. It was fun, but it was completely different from our normal pool scene of floaties and screaming kids.

I took this picture before the drinks :)

Training for the week:
 
Monday: 8 with 10*90sec on/off @7 min pace
Tuesday: 6 easy
Wednesday : 8 with last 3@8:15
Thursday:4 Easy
Friday: OFF
Saturday:10 (5 easy,3@8:15, 2@7:50)
4 hill sprints
Sunday: 4 recovery
 

I have Long Beach Half Marathon coming up in 2 weeks. I am excited to be getting out of town for the night and race in some great weather. I am going with my brother Derek and sister in law Allison, both are in the elite field. Hopefully they will run fast and win some money. I do not really have any expectations for the race other than just try to relax and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment